I this wrong?

I am gay and married. My husband's younger brother lost his job in tech, and lives with us. He doesn't want to live with his parents, because they are overseas. He is very depressed and my husband says he sometimes expresses suicidal thoughts. When he would get REALLY depressed, he would sleep with his brother, my husband. I come home early and my brother in law was really sad. He asked if he could lie bext to me in bed ( I do my computer stuff in bed). I found that I really like holding him, and comforting him, and kissing the back of his head, and telling him it's all going to be ok, and letting him cuddle next to me in bed and fall asleep. My husband has no problem with this. He is worried about him. I have absolutely zero desire to have sex with him. I just find it feels really, really good to comfort him, and nurture him, and let him know he is welcome at my house, and I love him, and he has a home here.

Comments

• yea, gotta agree with Hermes. It's wonderful you are such a compassionate, giving person. The world can certainly use more like you. It may be ok and maybe not and it;s the maybe that creates the problem. Sometimes it can be a hard for us to even accurately understand our own feelings. So, for that reason, people often create boundaries. It's not that holding his hand of kissing him compassionately is wrong, it;s just that it might be misinterpreted or lead to something more.

• How is remaining everyone's little boy doing this young man, with tech skills and a need to support himself, ANY good whatsoever?

If feeling suicidal means he gets cuddled and loved and cherished and adored and supported and can sleep in a married couple's bed and be petted and held..... it sounds like he feels suicidal if he is required to act like a grown up. You might have him for life! And it won't be so much fun when he's 40 and demanding.

• Well... It isn't wrong to like to cuddle someone that you have no romantic feelings for. Maybe if your bed is big enough, both you and your husband can sleep with him? Really as long as he does not initiate anything, it's completely fine. Good Luck >-<

• Is this wrong? If the two of you get along and there is no intimate feeling between you and your husband has no objection, no, it is not wrong.

• You horrible person, how dare you comfort a relative who is depressed (Sarcasm, for those who don't recognize it) you sound like a person who cares about others Good on 'ya

• Maybe...well it doesn't sound like the most normal thing. It shouldn't be allowed to continue for too long. If he is welcome in your home, that is great, but he should stick to his own bed.

• oh gosh. if you have no problem with it, then why are you asking us about it here. Your problem is that you are gay and he is a man and when a gay man gets to comfortable with another man, one thing leads to another. You should know how to maintain healthy boundaries at all times. TO NURTURE AND LOVE SOMEONE you DON'T NEED to touch them.

• the first sentence made me throw up so yes its wrong