matnernity leave.....?

I Just asked a question. I seen this on my benefits does this mean I would be ok and have some pay?

Short Term Disability 60% of Salary

Long-Term Disability Long Term Disability 60% of Salary

Comments

• Many states consider maternity leave as part of short-term disability. However, you would need to speak to your HR office to find out for sure.

• I don't have Maternity leave at work either but I will be using my short term disability after I have the baby, well really whenever my Dr say I can't work any more. FMLA gives you 12 weeks for having a baby but that is unpaid. Talk to you HR dept they can explain it better then me, but overall yes you can use disability for when your Dr says you can no longer work.

• In Canada we can take up to 16 weeks Maternity leave, and 36 weeks family leave to equal 52 weeks. You need to be employed full time and have worked 52 weeks prior to taking this leave. Maternity leave here is only 55%.

Short/Long term disability have nothing to do with Maternity leave. That is for when a person breaks a leg, battling cancer etc.

• um.... i dont see anything about maternity leave and as far as i know being pregnant isnt a disability

• talk to ur boss