help ty80!! help ty80!! help ty80!!?

hi all have just got the lad a classic ty80 (brings back some great memories).The only thing is theres something wrong with the clutch. The chain had come of the front cog and got tangled up, so i had to take the side casing of (left hand-side)

which is where the clutch cable go's in and noticed there was a small bar that was bent which pushes into a hole but is loose in there and i can't see what the clutch cable lever should move???? any ideas would be great. thanks ( a disappointed dad)

Comments

• the bar is the push rod for the clutch, when you pull the clutch in it slides through the engine to the clutch, the bar should be straight

• The rod is to activate the clutch. I used to have a couple of 1970's YZ80's and always had the rod bend when a chain came off. The rod(bar?) needs to be straight. you can try to straighten it yourself but the Yamaha may still get new parts for that.

• grand old bikes them...i think if i remember rightly,its a worm drive mech...its fitted in the casing ,when you pull the clutch it moves the worm drive towards the engine which pushes the rod that disengages the cluth.